- La Prensa Foundation Inc. is dedicated towards the educational advancement of Hispanics.
- Established in 1995 in order to assist students confronted with financial hardships pursue their dreams of a higher education.
- The LPF scholarship focuses mainly on a student´s extenuating circumstance rather than a high GPA.
- Since its inception, the foundation has provided over $2 million dollars in scholarship awards.
- The Foundation´s beneficiaries include all the ACCD campuses, St. Mary´s University, the University of Texas at San Antonio, and University of the Incarnate Word.
- Over 200 individual scholarships have been awarded by La Prensa Foundation to local students.
- Every major, higher education institution in San Antonio including Trinity University and University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio has had at least one LPF scholar enrolled in their classes.
- Although scholarships are reserved for students attending local
institutions, a few exceptions were made for a handful of local
students enrolled in Texas A&M, Sul Ross State University, Hispanic Baptist,
University of Texas Austin, and University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- La Prensa Foundation hosts two annual gala events: Salute to Outstanding Women in Action coinciding with National Women´s Month and Celebrate Hispanic Heritage during National Heritage Month.